Rujuta Diwekar is the highest paid dietician in India. She is the one who took care of junior Ambani to lose 108 kgs.
Her advice to diabetics:
1. Eat fruits grown locally ….. Banana, Grapes, Chikoo, Mangoes. All fruits have FRUCTOSE so it doesn’t matter that you are eating a mango over an Apple. A Mango comes from Konkan and Apple from Kashmir. So Mango is more local to you.
Eat all the above fruits in DIABETES as the FRUCTOSE will eventually manage your SUGAR
2. Choose Seed oils than Veggie oils. Like choose ground nut, mustard, coconut & til. Don’t choose chakachak packing oils, like olive, rice bran etc
Go for kachchi ghani oils than refined oils
3. Rujuta spends max time in her talks talking about GHEE and its benefits.
Eat GHEE daily. How much GHEE we should eat depends on food. Few foods need more GHEE then eat more and vice versa. Eat ample GHEE. It REDUCES cholesterol.
4. Include COCONUT. Either scraped coconut over food like poha, khandvi or chutney with idli and dosa
Coconut has ZERO CHOLESTEROL and it makes your WAIST SLIM
5. Don’t eat oats, cereals for breakfast. They are packaged food and we don’t need them. Also they are tasteless and boring and our day shouldn’t start with boring stuff.
Breakfast should be poha, upma, idli, dosa, paratha
6. Farhaan Akhtar’s New ad of biscuits – fibre in every bite… Even ghar ka kachara has fibre, likewise oats have fibre. Don’t chose them for fibre. Instead of oats, eat poha, upma, idli, dosa
7. No JUICES till you have teeth in your mouth to chew veggies and fruits
8. SUGARCANE is the real DETOX . Drink the juice fresh or eat the SUGARCANE
9. For pcos, thyroid – do strength training and weight training and avoid all packaged food
10. RICE – eat regular WHITE RICE. NO NEED of Brown rice. Brown rice needs 5-6 whistles to cook and when it tires your pressure cooker, then why do you want to tire your tummy.
A white rice is hand pounded simple rice
Rice is not high is GI INDEX. Rice has mediun GI index and by eating it with daal / dahi / kadhi we bring its GI index further down
If we take ghee over this daal chawal then the GI INDEX is brought further down.
B. Rice has some rich minerals and you can eat it even three times a day
11. How much should we eat – eat more if you are more hungry, let your stomach be your guide and vice versa
12. We can eat rice and chapati together or only rice if you wish. It depends on your hunger. Eat RICE in ALL THREE MEALS without any fear.
13. Food shouldn’t make you scared like eating rice and ghee. Food should make you FEEL GOOD
14. NEVER look at CALORIES. Look at NUTRIENTS
15. No bread, biscuits, cakes, pizza, pasta
16. Ask yourself is this the food my Nani & Dadi ate? If yes then eat without fear.
17. Eat as per your season. Eat pakoda, fafda, jalebi in monsoon. Your hunger is as per season. Few seasons we need fried food so eat them.
18. When not to have chai – tea – don’t drink tea as the first thing in morning or when you are hungry. Rest you can have it 2-3 times a day and with sugar
19. NO GREEN tea please. No green, yellow, purple, blue tea.
20. Eat ALL of your TRADITIONAL foods.
21. Strictly NO to packaged foods / drinks.
22. Exercise / Walk
to digest & stay healthy.